Maintenance of diesel generators plays a key role in its life service, so the maintenance work must be conducted by qualified technicians. Records should be kept in the maintenance process, which helps to schedule the maintenance procedures in the future.
As the alternators are used for various working conditions, maintenance of them also varies, so maintenance of the diesel generator can be adjusted according to the specific operating conditions. Preventive maintenance is able to maintain the service life of the generator and avoid any unexpected problems.
Carry out a regular inspection every two weeks
Conduct operation inspection in the standby machine. Start the alternator to keep the machine in operation for 5 minutes, but prevent the diesel generator from working for long periods in low load conditions, then, inspect whether any failures or irregular operation appear.
A monthly inspection
Conduct regular inspection every six months. Note that avoiding long-time operation of diesel machine under low load
A monthly inspection shall mainly focus on the standby machine that has never been operated with load. Start the alternator and keep the machine in operation for 1-2 hours with a load no more than 50%, see if here are any machine failures or abnormal operation.
We can also provide video guidance for the customers with the following services
- Inspect the default protection device of all control system with a method of analogic electrical defaults.
- Clean all the battery exhaust vents
- Tighten all the exhaust pipe connections.
- Tighten all electrical connectors
- Start the machine to see if all the meters on the control panel are in normal operation
Carry out the following inspections before starting the machine
- Inspection on the lubrication oil level of the engine;
- Inspection on whether all the water drain valve are in normal operation;
- Inspection on the coolant water level, the normal water level is 5mm far from the water inlet ( Air must be discharged to avoid air lock while filling in the cooling water, after the water tank filled with water, check the water level after 10 minutes later);
- Inspect if there are any blockings in the water tank radiator and intercooler, if necessary, clean the blockings;
- Inspect the air resistance indicator (when the red part is all exposed, change the air filter);
- Check the fuel consumption, discharge the water in the precipitation separator and water-oil separator;
- Check to avoid any leakage of water and oil;
- Turn on the main switch (Control cabinet lock switch);
- The diesel generator with mechanical governor sets the speed at idle position;
- Checking whether there are any faults in the alarm indicating light (press the alarm indicating button, the diesel engine alarm indicating light shall be on);
- Change the output switch of the diesel cabinet to “OFF”, inspect whether the battery cable is loose;
- The pre-heating of cold start is available in 50 seconds;
- After the engine starts, keep it in idle operation (1300-1500) for two minutes.